Armada Hoffler Properties, Inc. is seeking a dynamic marketing and communications professional to join our team in Virginia Beach, VA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing, monitoring and evaluating Armada Hoffler's marketing strategies, marketing communications and public relations activities, both internally and externally; developing and implementing support materials and services including advertising, promotions, and public relations to support marketing objectives and maximize the positive exposure in local and national markets; budgets and allocates resources for communication programs that align with market research findings. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and will collaborate closely with all Executive Officers.
Marketing & Public Relations
* Develops and implements a comprehensive marketing and communications program that will ensure articulation of Armada Hoffler's image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position internally throughout the Company, and externally to all constituencies, within the marketplace and the general public.
* Develops budgets for the marketing/communications/public relations program and its activities.
* Partners with the leadership team to develop and distribute effective press releases internally and externally via news media, radio, social media, etc. to drive Armada Hoffler brand awareness.
* Coordinates media interest in the Company and ensures regular contact with target media and appropriate responses to media requests.
* Serves as Armada Hoffler's representative with the media.
* In collaboration with COO, maintains fresh website content to drive high search rankings for Armada Hoffler website. Uses social media to engage online followers and drive brand awareness.
* Works with marketing team and outside vendors to ensure consistency in media, messages and with graphic designers to ensure accurate production of requested marketing projects. Communications to include advertisements, brochures, tradeshow materials, electronic materials, letterhead, use of logo, etc.
* Works with investment and asset management teams to develop client communications and other opportunities to engage with clients and share Armada Hoffler's core attributes.
* Participates in Request for Proposals (RFPs) and occasional client meetings.
* Assists with Business Development efforts as needed.
* In collaboration with appropriate executive officers/managers, coordinates events such as ground breakings, ribbon cuttings, grand openings, etc. for larger Armada Hoffler projects.
* Works with appropriate executive officers/managers to determine event budget and manages expenses to that budget.
* In collaboration with a team, coordinates other Corporate events such as employee gatherings, picnics, etc.
* Performs other projects/duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
* A. or B.S. Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business or a related field.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in marketing, communications and media relations with demonstrated success (preferably for a public company). Experience with social media outlets also required.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and relationship-building experience.
* Experience developing and managing budgets.
* Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
* Proficiency with MS Office software products, database management and page layout.
* Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
* Occasional out-of-town, over-night travel is required.
* Exceptional client service focus with a hands-on approach to working with high profile professionals.
* An assertive self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
* Must be proactive and forward thinking in the execution of duties, strong organization and time management skills, detail oriented with exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including a proven ability to develop relationships at all levels of an organization.
The successful candidate must pass pre-employment and random drug screens, credit check and background check.