HCA Holdings, Inc
Job Code: 02660-DPR
Days (rotating weekends)
HCA GULF COAST DIVISION - HOUSTON, TEXAS
DIRECTOR - COMMUNITY AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
Serving patients throughout Greater Houston and South Texas, HCA GULF COAST DIVISION offers comprehensive health solutions including advanced medical care, education, and community outreach at its seventeen hospitals and other free-standing facilities. This network model gives our patients access to a circle of care that is unrivaled in the region. From simple outpatient procedures to complex surgeries performed by specialists, HCA GULF COAST DIVISION offers comprehensive care close to home.
Serving such a large and diverse region requires HCA GULF COAST DIVISION to offer a range of programs that meets the needs of young and old, acutely ill and chronically ill. Just some of our services and outreach efforts:
* Twenty-four-hour emergency care, both at designated Hospital Emergency Centers and off-site Emergency Care locations
* Life-saving intervention during cardiovascular and neurological incidents
* Comprehensive women s care, from obstetric care to minimally invasive gynecological surgery
* Neonatal and pediatric intensive care
* Inpatient and outpatient surgery, rehabilitation, and monitoring support
* Education programs child birth and child care classes, surgical seminars, physician speaker series
* Management centers for diabetes, heart failure, and other complex conditions
* Community partnerships with the American Heart Association, Joe Niekro Foundation, March of Dimes, and others.
The HCA Gulf Coast Division is looking for a DIRECTOR - COMMUNITY AND PUBLIC RELATIONS.
* Manages hospital-specific implementation of marketing initiatives across multiple facilities
* Plans and implements multiple facility-level activities in support of regular campaigns
* Supports quadrant level social media outreach for each facility in coordination with team
* Develops strategies for enhancing online reputation for multiple facilities
* Works closely with team to ensure consistent storytelling across internal and social media channels
* Works with division team to produce key quadrant and facility newsletters
* Works with team to attend community events when needed
* Works with other departments as needed and other projects as assigned by the AVP of Marketing
* Bachelor s degree in communications, public relations, or related field required, Master's degree preferred
* 7-12 years' experience in marketing, communications or public relations.
* Healthcare experience preferred
Last Edited: 04/12/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.