CommunityOne Bank, N.A.
The Senior Communications Business Partner partners with the FHNC lines and business and the marketing team to help grow share and enable sales. The Senior Communications Business Partner partners develops integrated communications plans and innovative programs to support product launches, marketed products and create public relations campaigns that differentiate the company’s products and business and increase brand awareness.
The Senior Communications Business Partner manages media relations and provides strategic communications counsel and support for the business. Acts as a spokesperson in emergencies and on selected matters.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serves as lead consultant in development of communication plans and strategies for business initiatives, understanding the business needs, fact-finding and developing and implementing communications plans.
• Establishes and maintains contact with journalists locally, statewide, and nationally and coordinates media relations in all markets.
• Works with senior leaders on media relations, employee communications and community investment and sponsorships.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Reputation management and media tracking, reporting and measurement.
• Reputation management with community influencers in all regions: strategy, tracking, reporting and measurement
• Strategy and management of online corporate and newsroom presence
• Building relationships throughout the company to uncover, shape, pitch and tell stories of success and differentiation
• Understanding of business and the industry to uncover, shape, pitch and tell stories of success and differentiation
• Proactive and reactive media relations
• Regional PR firm strategy and management
• Reputation management for executives
• Media training
• Media events
• Leadership communications
• Bachelor's degree and 10 years of media relations and public relations experience with proven results. Master’s degree preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of Associated Press Stylebook, accurate typing, spelling and grammar skills.
• Proficient with applicable computer software.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional listening skills.
• Outstanding organizational and customer service skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender stereo typing, and age. First Tennessee is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
CommunityOne Bank, N.A.
Website : https://www.community1.com
CommunityOne began as First National Bank of Asheboro, and received its national charter on December 4, 1907 under the leadership of John Stanback Lewis and John M. Neely. It was organized with total authorized capital of $25,000 and resources of $48,343 as of January 14, 1908. The Bank operated in this capacity until the 1960s, when it began opening offices throughout Randolph County.