See more jobs like this
The Director Proposal Management is responsible for directing all activities related to the development, planning and scheduling of proposals. This position will manage the proposal resources, manage the development of proposals, supervise staff, and coach the proposal team on pre-proposal and proposal methodologies.
Plans, coordinates, and prepares proposals in response to specific RFI, RFQ and RFP guidance, focusing on the assembly/development of management, technical, and cost volumes including attachments, appendices, etc. Ensures compliant, compelling and accurate responses to the Program requirements. The function may also require analysis of concepts, gathering and determining the appropriate use of information, the writing of drafts and the securing of approvals for non-recurring type of engineering and manufacturing approaches. Final assembly would mean functional expertise in Word document, graphics, and numerical tables to be inserted into the final package. Expertise in complex military weapons systems a plus. Experience in military and commercial systems is another advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Oversee the proposal process to include, but not limited to, planning, scheduling and developing proposals, including editing and writing segments of submittals; and management of multiple proposals
* Creates/oversees the proposal outline, based on proposal preparation instructions and evaluation criteria, and uses it to track progress and compliance
* Cross references the proposal outline to the solicitation requirements and tracks responsiveness to all requirements
* Develops/oversees the proposal schedule and executes the proposal in accordance with it
* Reviews proposal drafts to ensure requirements are adequately addressed and that page limits are not exceeded
* Conducts/oversees regular proposal progress status meetings
* Provide direction and guidance for proposal layout and production
* Directs/oversees writing/editing/rewriting efforts and works with Subject Matter Experts and staff to ensure compatibility and compliance
* Conduct initial planning with senior management to analyze potential with themes and overall approach
* Provide leadership in proposal efforts to ensure RFI, RFQ and/or RFP specifications and Company standards are met
* Ensure consistency across all proposals
* Lead proposal reviews and capture feedback to ensure identified issues are addressed and resolved by the proposal team
* Researches and analyzes historical data, coordinates the development of cost models to support proposal efforts.
* Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
* Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
* Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Other duties may be assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Must demonstrate a clear understanding of the roles of the various functions within the federal contracting business, and have an in-depth understanding of acquisition processes and Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
* Very strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills are important as well as high quality work, attention to detail, and the ability to get work done on time
* Demonstrate effectiveness in all facets of proposal development and management
* Demonstrate a substantial understanding of business development, capture management, government contracting, and acquisition practices
* Prepare and write proposal documentation that is clear, compelling and grammatically correct
* Deliver 100% compliant, compelling proposals on time
* Work well under pressure with the ability to simultaneously deliver on multiple tasks and/or priorities
* Presentation skills, graphic design skills, technical documentation and layout skills.
* Ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms.
* Process improvement, coordination, strategic planning skills.
* Work independently without requiring detailed management review of general work.
* Maintains a customer service attitude in delivering products to internal and external customers.
* The ability to understand and follow instructions and the ability to concentrate.
* The ability to get along with others or to be part of a team.
* Access to Export Control Information.
* Regular attendance at the worksite.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Technical Writing, Creative Writing, Business or related field from a four-year College or University and 10 years of proposal management experience with at least five of those years in management; or
* Master's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Technical Writing, Creative Writing, Business or related field and 7 years of proposal management experience.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Work performed in an office and factory settings.
* Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
* Occasionally required to lift up to 20 lbs.
* Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.
Return to Job Opportunities SDL2017
Mesa, Arizona, United States of America
MD Helicopters Inc
MD Helicopters Inc
7/10/2018 4:09:43 PM