McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, L.L.P.
Job Summary: The Business Development & Marketing Associate works with the firm’s Business Development and Marketing Advisory Committee, practice groups, and individual attorneys to develop and implement business development and marketing plans and objectives. This is not strictly a marketing position, but also includes significant responsibilities regarding developing and implementing business development opportunities and fostering professional relationships that promote business development for lawyers.
McGinnis Lochridge is a Texas-based firm providing quality legal services for more than 90 years. We work with individuals, small and medium-sized businesses, large enterprises, and multinational Fortune 500 corporations in more than 20 practice areas. From our offices in Austin and Houston, we represent clients throughout Texas and the U.S. McGinnis Lochridge offers competitive salary, paid training, parking allowance, full benefits, 401(k), profit sharing plan, paid leave time, and business casual work environment. Visit www.mcginnislaw.com for more information.
- Work closely with the Business Development and Marketing Advisory Committee to develop and implement the firm’s business development and marketing plans and objectives
- Work closely with select attorneys on developing business development plans and serve as a business development “coach” to assist in implementing those plans
- Work closely with each practice group to develop and implement its business development and marketing plans and objectives
- Create and post content for the firm’s social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and website, that will enhance the firm’s visibility in a manner that is consistent with its business development and marketing goals and firm voice
- Help individual attorneys manage their social media profiles and pages and connect with relevant and related groups
- Engage in research, analysis, and intelligence gathering, especially regarding emerging market and industry trends, for use in strategic planning, competitive firm positioning, and business development activities
- Coordinate the firm’s RFP process and assist attorneys in the preparation of legal services proposals, requests for information, and responses to RFPs
- Develop and coordinate public relations, community, and media relationships, communications, and events; serve as the firm’s visible representative for its business development and marketing approaches and initiatives
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement of the content of the firm’s website, marketing materials, and social media presence
- Design, write, and produce marketing collateral (flyers, brochures, email blasts, newsletters, press releases, etc.)
- Plan, promote, coordinate, support, and evaluate firm-sponsored meetings and events
- Oversee maintenance of client data, including championing and maximizing the firm’s implementation and effective use of its customer relationship management software
- Oversee business and professional association memberships and work with attorneys to maximize these relationships through speaking engagements, committee participation, and leadership roles
- Work effectively with outside vendors that provide communications, advertising, technology, and other business development and marketing services
- Prepare and manage business development and marketing budgets and monitor and control department expenditures accordingly, including individual attorney business development expenses and event sponsorships
- Conduct business development and marketing process and procedure orientation for newly hired attorneys
- Work with the firm’s outside consultants who provide the firm with strategic business development and marketing advice and assist in implementing those strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field; non-practicing attorneys are also welcome to apply
- 5 years of progressively responsible business development/marketing work experience in the legal field or other professional services organizations
- Strong knowledge of Austin and/or Houston business and nonprofit community and experience soliciting business in Austin and/or Houston and strategically placing individuals on boards of nonprofit associations
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills, and strong editing and proofreading skills
- Strong experience and proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, SalesForce or other customer relationship management software, and other technology areas, including websites, intranets, databases, knowledge management tools, and social media. Skills in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
- Experience managing social media presence across multiple platforms for a law firm or similar professional services organization
- Strong project management and event planning abilities, including demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, analyze, organize, attend to detail, and follow through
- Professional, tactful, honest, respectful, courteous, proactive, cooperative, and positive client-centric attitude that embraces diversity and inclusion
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. McGinnis Lochridge is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, L.L.P.
Website : http://www.mcginnislaw.com
We are a multi-practice Texas law firm with deep talent, broad experience, and longstanding strength. In over 20 focused and coordinated practice areas and industries, McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore has earned a prominent reputation for professional excellence. Our lawyers have knowledge, foresight, and vision to guide clients to pragmatic solutions in lawsuits, business, and government. We counsel clients on risks and opportunities, and we provide creative, cost-effective strategies. We protect clients with aggressive negotiation, and when negotiations fail, fearless litigation. For over 80 years, clients have relied on our talent, experience, and strength to achieve their goals and protect their interests.