: Foot Levelers has an exciting opening for a Public Relations go-getter. This position will be a key part of the marketing team by scouring opportunities to showcase our products and coordinate the companys response to media requests that promote a positive image of Foot Levelers, Inc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Assertively finds, evaluates and presents to Leadership media opportunities that increase visibility and promote sales of Foot Levelers brands.
Coordinates placement of articles in the press and responds to public and media inquiries with support from others on the marketing and leadership team.
Provides timely and informed responses to media inquiries; identifies opportunities for press releases and media alerts.
Enhances existing and builds quality new relationships with the media and other relevant organizations.
Coordinates development and distribution of press kits and other material for media outreach.
Monitors, measures and reports on the effectiveness of our PR efforts.
Create content for press releases, announcements, articles and favorable editorial mentions in chiropractic and consumer publications, websites, and other media outlets.
Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
Vigorously develops strategies to improve public relations impressions and reputation, including proposing article themes, press release events and topics, etc.
Conduct research for programs and projects.
Assess and track current public relations with chiropractic and public media.
Create and enlarge community awareness of Foot Levelers.
Travel to conventions to enhance Foot Levelers image and network with media, as needed.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Proven working experience in public relations required (5 years preferred).
Demonstrates ability to create results-driven communications campaigns that align with business objectives.
Flexibility to work closely with other departments.
Strong relations experience with ability to think creatively and generate new angles.
Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Must be a strategic thinker who is a dedicated and responsive team player with the ability to think creatively and generate new ideas.
Excellent writing, editing and research skills.
Computer proficiency and social media savvy required.
Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships.
Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with attention to detail.
Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms.
Ability to travel.
Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism.
Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft:
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Ability to learn new programs as needed.
Ability to work with limited direct supervision.
Relentless attention to detail.
Proven understanding and effective use of social media platforms and communication tools.
Bachelors degree in Marketing Communication, Advertising, Journalism or English or combination of equivalent education and work experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds while working in the office environment.
We know benefits are important to you. They are important to us too. That’s why we take care of our employees. From company-paid insurance to an on-site gym, our benefits are some of the best around.
The following list includes some of the many features of our total package – just a few of the great reasons to consider making Foot Levelers your next step.
• Healthcare plan: there’s no money out of your paychecks for your insurance, it’s 100 percent company paid! We also offer employee paid plans, including medical plans for family members, comprehensive dental, disability and life insurance coverage.
• 401(k) Savings Plan: helps you save money for your future.
• Profit Sharing: company helps you save money for your future based on the profit of
• Incentive Bonuses: from productivity or attendance bonuses to free lunches to celebrate a new record set, we reward the entire company for a job well done.
• On-Site Gym & FREE Personal Trainer: helps you feel great about yourself. Enjoy working with the trainer twice a week or use the gym any day!
• Flexible Schedules: allow you to work the hours that fit into your lifestyle.
• Employee Discounts: allow you and your family to experience any of our products.
• Holiday Gift: annual gift to help out during the holiday season.
• Fun: theme parties and company dress up days. In order to promote a healthy work environment and to reduce company and employee health care insurance costs for the benefit of all concerned, Foot Levelers will not hire anyone who is currently using nicotine products or who has done so in the 90 days prior to applying for employment.
In order to promote a safe and healthy work environment, Foot Levelers will not hire anyone who is currently using any form of illegal drug.
Pre-employment drug and nicotine screening is a condition of the offer of employment.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), the Company will not discriminate in hiring against an applicant with a disability if they are otherwise qualified to do the essential functions of the job applied for with or without accommodations, nor will we terminate any employee due to a disability as long as the individual can perform the essential functions of the job either with or without reasonable accommodations.
See all jobs in Roanoke VA