Teck Coal Limited
Community Relations Intern
Location: Red Dog Mine, AK, US
Closing Date: April 25, 2018
Teck Alaska Incorporated, Red Dog Operations, one of the worlds largest producers of zinc concentrate, is recruiting for a temporary Community Relations Intern for our Community Relations and Environment Department. Due to anticipated needs, we are currently recruiting for a career oriented individual to fill this role.
Rotation schedule will be two weeks onsite and one week offsite, from mid-May 2018 through September 2018.
Reporting to the Senior Community Relations Coordinator, the Community Relations Intern provides overall assistance to the Community Relations group for Red Dog Operations.
- Overall assistance with administrative support in Community Relations goals
- Assisting with village events logistics and planning for each community
- Assisting with file maintenance of events
- Assisting with writing articles and summaries for internal distribution
- Assisting with Red Dogs Village Engagement Program as required
- Performs other related duties as required
- Finishing sophomore (~60 credits) or junior (~90 credits) year of college working towards a degree with an emphasis in a related discipline (social sciences, environmental sciences, anthropology, business administration preferred)
o Must provide resume, class schedule and unofficial transcripts when applying
- Proficient with MS Office and database entry
- Great organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, dependable and punctual
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and enjoy working with new people
- Professional attitude able to take direction and feedback
Red Dog is a drug/alcohol free work place and provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. Employment is conditional upon passing a background check, medical examination and drug/alcohol tests. Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, life, AD & D and long term disability insurance, generous paid time off, paid sick leave and 401k. Compensation will be dependent on experience but the work schedule makes the remuneration package very attractive.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each persons unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Tecks approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Tecks sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the worlds 2,500 largest public companies in the S & P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at ************ or follow @TeckResources
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Segment: Medical, Intern, Temporary, Administrative Assistant, Healthcare, Entry Level, Contract, Mining, Administrative
Teck Coal Limited
Website : http://www.teck.com