MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for providing support to the Regulatory Compliance Managers in the San Diego, Orange County & Bay Area offices, and assisting in developing strategies to enhance value added services for Barney & Barney’s clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide support to the Regulatory Compliance Managers in each office.
- Create new, and update existing, compliance tools such as FMLA charts, scorecards, etc.
- Copy, edit and proofread Breaking News and Monthly Legislative Compliance newsletters for content and formatting purposes. Work closely with Publications in this regard.
- Update/monitor compliance related websites/webpages.
- Coordinate all monthly and annual events (internal/external).
- Review legal alerts and write executive summaries of pertinent points for use in client news releases or communication materials, as needed.
- Manage Outlook calendars for the Regulatory Compliance Managers as requested, including book travel and hotel accommodations, coordinate meeting times, drive times, materials, etc.
- Maintain a record of services provided to clients.
- Assist with creation of meeting materials, presentations, and compliance audits.
- Respond to client and service team questions related to implementing and maintaining compliance procedures.
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates and potentially high levels of contact with clients and carrier representatives. Must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required:
• A degree preferably in English, Education, Communication, Journalism or related field.
• Successful work history to include 1-3 years of experience in a professional office setting directly related to job responsibilities specified above, with progressively greater responsibility for making administrative and procedural decisions and judgments. Experience and/or general understanding of employee benefit compliance or benefits law a plus.
• Basic understanding of ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA and IRC rules is preferred.
• Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail.
• Strong knowledge of and ability to apply the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with the ability to operate standard office equipment is required.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
• Maintain a valid Driver’s License & have reliable transportation.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
• Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• 15% - 30% travel may be required. Travel could consist of 1 – 2 overnight trips per month within California. In addition, 1 – 2 days per week could be spent visiting offices within the Bay Area.
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
• Extended work hours (10 – 12 hrs/day) required on occasion.
MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC
Website : http://www.mmc.com
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a professional services firm like no other — a global network of more than 60,000 experts in risk, strategy, and people, united by an unusually collaborative culture that transcends business units and borders. We bring the best people together to help clients discern new possibilities and pursue them with success. For 146 years, we have grown by helping our clients prosper amid changing times and technologies, from the Industrial Revolution to the digital age. Our work today embraces many of society’s most complex challenges: sustainable business growth; the health, wealth, and performance of organizations' people; resource security; cyber security; economic instability; climate change; and terror threats.