Coordinator, Special Events (Temporary)','MAR02351','!*!Job Overview:
The Special Events Coordinator, will promote, market and develop special events for the regional store locations for Macy's. This position networks and partners with key senior level executives in the stores as well as the Central Merchant organization. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Planning and executing sales-driving, brand-building in-store special events in collaboration with Macy's vendors and other strategic partners; includes managing freelancers/outside vendors, such as stylists, caterers, and production companies. Development of event proposals, budgets and execution strategies that are communicated and approved by Director (40%).
• Relationship Management with of all vendors and sponsors, which translate into event opportunities; identifying outside sponsors for Macy's special events to offset departmental expense. (20%).
• Managing the departmental budget, including writing purchase orders, tracking expense, following up with vendors, and compiling seasonal forecasts (15%).
• Writing Macy's event marketing advertising copy for newspaper, online, radio, and in-store formats and coordinating the internal and external advertising approval processes (15%).
• Evaluating Macy's event marketing initiatives from both quantitative (e.g., sales, attendance) and qualitative standpoints (e.g., event flow, branding opportunity); reporting results to management (10%).
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree with focus in Marketing, Communications or the Arts preferred.
• 2-3 years of event coordination and execution experience, preferably in a retail environment.
• Possess a valid driver's license.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Competence and comfort level with basic quantitative analysis.
• Proven financial skills-budgets and execution.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to remain flexible to changing business needs.
• Strong ability to manage several different projects simultaneously/grace under pressure.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Lotus Notes.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
• Ability to work nights and weekends
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.
','','United States-California-San Francisco','Parade, Annual Events, and Entertainment','Coordinator, Special Events (Temporary)