Weston Solutions, Inc.
Job ID 10942
Type Regular Full-Time
Company Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Category Communications and Marketing
More information about this job
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutchs pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nations first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Womens Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
As a member of Fred Hutchs Communications & Marketing Department, the social media specialist will help support integrated marketing efforts that position Fred Hutch as a leader and expert resource in cancer and related diseases. Reporting to the social media manager, you will be responsible for developing and supporting social media and public relations initiatives designed to reach a variety of communities, including influencers and donors in health sciences and research, as well as the Fred Hutch community and those impacted by cancer and related diseases. You will also collaborate with counterparts responsible for marketing, content and web design, and colleagues in Philanthropy, Government & Community Relations and Business Development on integrated communications and marketing initiatives.
* Work with the social media manager to strategize and execute social media initiatives across Fred Hutch social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
* Draft, publish and manage social media posts, monitor conversations and produce multimedia content such as infographics, video and Q & As.
* Monitor, track and report potential issues arising on social channels that impact Fred Hutch or its stakeholders.
* Help measure and report on social media performance, and provide recommendations for optimizing channel performance.
* Assist in running paid social campaigns promoting editorial content, fundraising materials and clinical study participation.
* Plan and schedule social media content aligned with integrated campaigns and news announcements.
* Train Fred Hutch staff and faculty on social media best practices.
* Help monitor and measure earned media mentions; compile and disseminate social and earned media coverage reports.
* Provide support for team-wide multimedia needs, such as photo and video shoots.
* Research and monitor current events and trends for social media outreach to targeted communities.
* Assist media relations managers in earned media strategy, including drafting pitches, news releases and social posts on earned media.
* Bachelors degree in communications, public relations, journalism and/or marketing, or equivalent work experience.
* 2-3 years of experience producing or managing social media programming in a marketing, public relations or newsroom environment.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
* Experience using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) and associated tools and programs (including Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Canva) for professional and/or marketing purposes.
* Proficiency with photo/video shooting and production. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, preferred.
* Strong interest in the Fred Hutch mission and health sciences preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to create and deliver clear and persuasive communications for varying audiences.
* Experience distilling complex information (science, research, technology) into compelling stories.
* Rapid responder to external audiences and internal customers outside of traditional business hours, and across time zones.
* Familiar with online and offline marketing principles and earned and social medias function within mix of paid, earned, shared and owned channels for optimal impact and audience engagement.
* Analytical approach and good problem-solving skills, coupled with creative orientation.
* Comfortable with ambiguity and complexity.
* Comfort level working at all levels of organization and with diverse group of stakeholders and knowledge bases.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at ********************* or by calling ************.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Weston Solutions, Inc.
Website : http://www.westonsolutions.com
Weston is a national environmental and infrastructure support services firm committed to safety and client value driven to be our clients’ most effective and efficient service provider for both straightforward and complex projects. Our 100% employee-owners apply their distinct skills and experience to provide excellence in the services we deliver for our industrial; commercial; and federal, state, and local government clients. For 60 years, we have solved our client’s environmental and infrastructure support challenges with a passion to serve and driven to make a difference. Our highly networked community of professionals work as “One Weston” to bring the right resources from across 27 full-service delivery center offices, plus project offices and remote resources to meet our client’s needs through a national pool of 1,100 professionals.