SUNY Rockland Community College
As seen in DiverseJobs
Reporting to the Executive Director of Strategic Marketing, assists in the creation and implementation of a strategic, multi-faceted communications program designed to build and strengthen the College's role and reputation as a leader and authoritative voice in its field. Devise program guidelines and policies, oversee implementation process, and provide quality control for communications programs, media activities, social media and special events.
* Work with the Executive Director to develop a strategic communications plan to support the organization's mission, goals and objectives. This will be done by providing guidance and support to the Executive Director in the development, implementation, and management (by overseeing the day-to-day operations) of specific year-round communications programs;
* Build and foster collaborative relationships with other departments within and outside of the organization to stay informed and abreast of new initiatives, programs, and grants, etc;
* Oversee planning of all strategic and College-wide communications. Specific responsibilities include establishing production timetable; reviewing news materials; responding to media inquiries; overseeing distribution of materials to media before, during, and after the event; encouraging media participation; promoting spokespeople; and arranging media interviews;
* Identify opportunities to support the College's initiatives and develop communications materials and programs to promote and publicize activities and initiatives across the community, state and nationally;
* Update the content on the strategic newsletters, blog and messages from the President;
* Other duties as assigned.
Master's Degree in Marketing or related field; high level of technical proficiency, training and experience in lieu of degree.
Five years of proven business acumen and ability to successfully navigate complex and important relationships within an education system; excellent communication skills and ability to showcase this skillset even under pressure; strong leadership and decision-making skills; ability to communicate complex subject matter tailored to meet the audience comprehension level; and ability to think strategically and develop and execute strategy based on action plans.
Starting Salary: $80,000 - $90,000
Submit Resumes https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=rockcc&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP
Include three (3) professional references (including names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses). References will not be contacted without prior permission of the candidate.
Employment at the College may be subject to the favorable result of a background investigation. Official transcripts will be required upon employment. Foreign transcripts which are not accompanied by an evaluation from an approved agency may not be reviewed.
Applicants may contact NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluating Service) at www.naces.org to obtain a list of members providing this service. Any expenses incurred for this service must be borne by the applicant. Foreign transcript translations by applicant or educational institution are not acceptable.
Application Deadline: Until filled
Rockland Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our mission demonstrates a strong public commitment to a diverse and inclusive campus community.
Rockland Community College
Document ID: AC154-3LNP
Ad Number: 25793318
SUNY Rockland Community College
Website : http://www.sunyrockland.edu/
Situated within one of New York's most diverse counties, Rockland Community College offers multiple windows of opportunity for you to build a future of hope and success. As a community college operating under the program of the State University of New York, Rockland Community College offers the best of both worlds: an outstanding education at a fraction of the price charged by private colleges.