MDA Information Systems LLC
us-herndon, VA 23169
Radiant Solutions is looking for a Director, Marketing & Communications, for our Herndon, VA location.
Radiant Solutions is comprised of multiple lines of business serving US Government, International Defense and Intelligence, and commercial customers. The Director of Marketing and Communications role, working within the Chief Strategic Officer organization, will become intimately familiar with Radiant Solution's mission-critical objectives for each P&L they support, and fold that insight into dynamic conventional and digital-marketing strategies and content.
Maxar Technologies Ltd. (formerly MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd.) is a leading global provider of advanced space technology solutions for commercial and government markets including satellites, Earth imagery, geospatial data and analytics. As a trusted partner, Maxar Technologies provides unmatched end-to-end advanced systems capabilities and integrated solutions expertise to help our customers anticipate and address their most complex mission critical challenges with confidence. With more than 6,500 employees in 21 locations, the Maxar Technologies portfolio of commercial space brands includes SSL, MDA, DigitalGlobe and Radiant Solutions. Every day, millions of people rely on Maxar Technologies to communicate, share information and data, and deliver insights that empower a better world. Maxar trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange as MAXR. For more information visit www.maxar.com.
Radiant Solutions provides multi-source data collection, enrichment, and analytic capabilities that reveal unique geospatial information and insights where and when it matters most. Our purpose is to help national security and commercial organizations understand and navigate our changing planet. No company has such strong roots in geospatial with our level of scale and a strong commercial mindset. MDA Information Systems, RadiantBlue, DigitalGlobe Intelligence Solutions, and HumanGeo are well known for delivering innovative capabilities across the entire geospatial intelligence value chain. Our combined team of over 1,000 aerospace engineers, geospatial analysts, weather and ocean experts, software developers, data scientists, and DevOps engineers apply disruptive technology and our unique intellectual property to both national security and commercial problems. Radiant Solutions is divided into three mission areas: Sensor and Ground Modernization, Data to Insight and Agile Intelligence.
Radiant Solutions offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending account and tuition assistance. Radiant Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ideate and implement marketing strategies encompassing traditional and digital marketing to create brand awareness and drive achievement of Radiant Solutions business goals:
* Ensure the Radiant Solutions' brand voice is heard and seen within the marketplace
* Working with P&L and Account leaders, determine market priorities and assets in order to allocate marketing resources to the most important /key issues
* Working closely with other members of the Radiant Solutions Leadership team, lead the day-to-day activities on upcoming campaigns and initiatives -- from strategy development to creative execution and production
* Working within Radiant Solutions (and on occasion with Maxar corporate marketing), develop and manage community relations, outreach, partnerships and sponsorships
* Develop and work within agreed budgets to deliver initiative results
* Work with the lead of Business Development on key opportunity capture efforts to develop specific creative assets, messaging, graphics and content that can be used to convey our brand identity when needed
* Ensure detailed, accurate, and timely communication of marketing activities to P&L divisions and leadership through appropriate channels
* Review post analysis and results for all major campaigns ensuring measurability and quality, sharing results with key stakeholders
* Support P&L and account leaders in developing and implementing customer acquisition and retention programs
* Supporting public relations and social media efforts, generating positive media coverage for the company to include working with and through Maxar corporate branding and marketing when applicable
* Foster continuous improvement; ensure that all marketing activities are efficient, effective, and scalable
* Continue to improve processes to maximize efficiency, productivity, and to deliver market results
* Be responsible for the quality of the end result
* Become an industry expert, stay current on content marketing, online and mobile advertising trends and technologies
* Monitor competitors, sales, and marketing activities for shaping marketing approaches
The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of progressive and varied industry experiences, to include developing marketing and communications materials and campaigns for US government customers and commercial customers. The successful candidate will be business and results focused, highly collaborative, creative, and comfortable operating in a dynamic, diverse, and rapidly evolving environment. Additionally, the candidate should be a true `player coach', meaning that when and if necessary, he/she has the skills to pitch in and do the work that needs to be done to accomplish goals within the agreed to schedule.
What You'll Need
* Four-year degree in marketing, graphics, or communications, or other creative business-related field from an accredited college or university
* Required: 8 years' experience working within a creative team that developed integrated marketing campaigns (Web, brochures, social media, graphics, collateral, PPT)
* Required: 5 years of digital marketing and content development experience
* Experience with US Government AND Commercial marketing
* Sales, events and/or information technology experience
* Events marketing
* Proven ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
* Experience writing compelling marketing content, creative briefs and presentations
* Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated leadership skills
* Ability to work within a team of high performance professionals to achieve project objectives
* US Government Security Clearance is a plus
Who You Are
* A creative branding and digital-marketing expert
* A creative person with some artistic skills and passion
* Customer satisfaction is one of your most important goals
* You have a brand-first mentality. Brand consistency across all communications is a chief priority in everything you produce
* Influential - working with and gaining the trust of cross-functional teams, customers, and teammates to solve problems comes naturally to you
* Equally successful working independently and collaboratively
* Team thought leader who shares best practices to drive efficiencies within teams
* You use data to inform decision-making
* You are accountable for the quality and brand consistency of all marketing solutions generated by your account team.
* You take pride in what you do and deliver on-target, polished, customer-centric solutions that meet the business objectives.
B.A./B.S. required. A Master's or other advanced degree is highly desirable.
An attractive and competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate.
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance required.
MDA Information Systems LLC