Responsible for coordinating and delivering all orientations as assigned in NYC and reports to the Outreach & Admissions Manager.
1. Coordinate, prepare, and deliver consistently thorough information sessions (orientations) to potential students, parents, and community service agency representatives. Monthly email blasts to agencies, partners, schools that have **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. updates, newsletters, success stories, etc.
2. Prepare, coordinate, and deliver pre-departure workshops, verify travel arrangements, provide pre-departure documentation, and ensure that students understand and conform to the appropriate dress and professional appearance expectations described in the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Career Success Standards. .
3. Assist students with any necessary itinerary changes and with the candidate’s Admissions Counselor, resolve any issues or questions associated with departure.
4. Coordinate with appropriate center staff to maintain updated information on Career Technical Training offerings and center current events.
5. Conduct outreach in areas assigned by the Outreach & Admissions Manager, report efforts on monthly outreach report.
6. Provide Admission Counselors with clerical support, admission interviews and applicant communications, when needed.
7. Prepare reports as required; as well as other tasks as designated by OA/CTS Manager, including a monthly arrival goal for the Outreach Specialist is 2 females and 1 male for a total of 3 arrivals per month.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in social work, human resources, business, education or a related field preferred. Minimum of one-year experience working with youth 16-24 years of age. Strong written communication skills. PC and internet skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with of social service resources in the community and knowledge of the local job market. (Additional, verifiable experience working in the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. program may be accepted in lieu of academic credentials.)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year