St. Lukes Hospital - St. Louis
Chesterfield, MO, United States
Journalism, Media, Manager, Pr
Aug 24, 2021
Dec 07, 2021
Posting DetailsMinimum five years of related experience with two or more years in a dedicated media relations position is required.
Responsible for implementing media relations and public relations initiatives for St. Luke\u2019s Hospital and affiliated facilities and services through media outreach and social media activities and other duties as assigned.
Principle Accountabilities: % Of Time Spent
1. Media Relations. Serves as the network\u2019s primary news media liaison. Identifies and pitches timely, relevant news stories and coordinates media requests and interviews with subject matter experts. Prepares hospital personnel and patients for media interviews and other external speaking opportunities. Implements news strategy and executes tactics to grow St. Luke\u2019s reputation and awareness. Writes, edits and distributes news releases, media advisories and talking points. Maintains and creates all web content for the network\u2019s website newsroom section and manages the news section on St. Luke\u2019s Intranet. Monitors daily news coverage and plays an active role in monitoring national stories that might influence healthcare-related news in St. Luke\u2019s community.
Informs senior leadership of media requests and activity in a timely manner. 35%
2. Social Media. Responsible for overall management of all social media channels including creating the social strategy and content calendar. Manages St. Luke\u2019s presence with specific social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Works in close coordination with Senior Marketing Project Managers to ensure that effective and relevant social media techniques and protocols are in place, including online advocacy, providing feedback to determine the best social media ROI and continually fine-tuning social media best practices. Partners with media services to direct, plan, schedule and conduct interviews for brand journalism videos and patient testimonials. Produces reports on social media results. Recommends new tools and services to enhance social media and media relations support. 30%
3. Crisis Communications. Serves as the lead St. Luke\u2019s network Public Information Officer (PIO) and spokesperson. Plays lead role as identified with Incident Command Center, Computer Incident Response Team, severe weather communication, drills, emergency binder, etc. Recommends emergency responses and provides counsel and media training to St. Luke\u2019s leaders as needed. Collaborates with other regional healthcare communications and media relations managers on regional media relations responses and best practices. Works in collaboration with the Director of Network Marketing and Communications to prioritize response needs and resources. Coordinates with Public Relations and Community Partnerships Manager to discuss where media relations and public relations need to be coordinated or new opportunities need to be identified. 15%
4. Hospital Liaison. Supports and trains team members across St. Luke\u2019s on media and social media best practices, including proofing and providing key edits to stories and providing critical input for news opportunities. Integrates news strategies with St. Luke\u2019s marketing strategies in order to align efforts. Assists in developing communications for Senior Leadership as requested. 10%
5. Operations and Leadership. Provides leadership in developing traditional news media and social media training for St. Luke\u2019s personnel. Participates in setting St. Luke\u2019s media relations goals, which are measurable and repeatable, in the annual public relations initiative planning. Supervisor\u2019s public relations firms, freelancers and interns, as assigned. Produces reports in various media on media relations and social media results. Serves as backup for Public Relations Manager when needed. 5%
6. Performs other work duties as assigned. 5%
Bachelor\u2019s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field is required.
Minimum five years of related experience with two or more years in a dedicated media relations position is required.
1. Outstanding writing, editing and organizational skills are essential as well as attention to detail and utilization of the Associated Press style.
2. Effective oral communication skills are required as well as the ability to effectively communicate with fellow team members, all levels of management, physicians and patients.
3. Healthcare experience is preferred but not required.
4. Computer literacy and experience with website content development and social media content are required.
5. Must demonstrate ability to complete tasks within given quality parameters, adhering to strict deadlines.
6. Must demonstrate flexibility and independence.
7. Possess the ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive issues is required.
Reporting Relationships (Text Only)Job Relationships: Brief descriptions of the types of interactions that occur for this job. Takes direction from: Director, Network Marketing and Communications Collaborates with: Public Relations Manager and Community Partnerships Manager and Senior Marketing Project Managers Supervised by: Director, Network Marketing and Communications
Employee is required to walk occasionally and sit frequently. Employee must lift/carry a medium (21-50 lbs.) load occasionally. Employee is occasionally required to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, climb, lift waist to overhead. Employee is occasionally required to reach forward and reach overhead. Employee may be required to do simple grasping and pushing/pulling.
The most significant of duties are included but this does not exclude occasional work assignments not mentioned or developmental duties.
Faithful to our Episcopal-Presbyterian heritage and its ministry of healing, St. Luke\u2019s is dedicated to improving the health of the communities we serve.
Using talents and resources responsibly, we provide high quality, safe care with compassion, professional excellence and respect for each other and those we serve.
As an independent healthcare network, we create healthy communities in the region through our commitment to high quality, safe and personalized services.
We accept and treat all persons as being created in the image of God.
We respond with caring to the needs of others as if they were members of our family.
We honor each person\u2019s rights and responsibilities in light of the common good.
We set and strive to attain high standards of performance and continuous improvement.
We use our talents and resources wisely, with honesty and integrity.
FACES - Friendly - Available - Caring - Efficient - Safe Communication Standards: Promotes and provides courteous and effective communication with internal and external customers.
St. Lukes Hospital - St. Louis