Customer Success Group
The Communications Manager, Critical Incident Center (CIC) is a highly visible role that is responsible for creating real time written executive updates for the most impactful customer situations. The role is responsible for translating technical information quickly into clear, succinct and accurate written situational communications that are used to update executives at the CEO level.
Secondary activities include acting as communications coach and mentor for the Critical Incident Center team and creating, formatting, and maintaining clear communications templates for other communications vehicles.
The role requires a great mix of technical knowledge, technical writing skills, and creativity to deliver information in the format best suited for various audiences. The role interacts with a wide variety of Customer Success Group and Technology Team members, so excellent communication and collaboration skills are important.
This is a full-time position, and there may be some on-call work on weekends for critical customer situations.
* Proven ability to process complex technical and customer impact information and translate into it into elegant, executive-friendly communications for internal audiences
* Work cross functionally with executives and other key stakeholders in different teams and gather important details to draft communications.
* Strong ability to obtain information from multiple Subject Matter Experts with many demands on their time
* Working knowledge of networks, servers, storage systems, and other data center hardware
* Strong sense of situational urgency, and strong execution skills
* Operate as Communications Subject Matter Expert for the Critical Incident Center by owning and authoring templates and acting as coach to ensure communications excellence
* Track record of learning new technologies quickly
* A tendency to focus on quality and details
* Outstanding people and exemplary communication skills
* 10 years of strong written executive level and customer communications experience, ideally for complex applications, operating systems, hardware, software, and processes.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical or communications field
* Experience in a Technical Writing or Technical Support/Infrastructure documentation environment
* A track record of working on customer impacting escalations where action plans need to be clearly communicated to various audiences
* Experience creating technical customer-facing communications
* Technical understanding PaaS, SaaS, Databases, networking, app dev and the Salesforce platform.
* Track record of improving existing styles and processes
* Strong formatting, layout and design skills
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing leader. Our social and mobile cloud technologies—including our flagship sales and CRM applications—help companies connect with customers, partners, and employees in entirely new ways.