Date Last Verified
We're seeking a senior communicator and master storyteller who will work as part of the Public Relations team to communicate K12’s message of “transforming learning for every student we serve”. The senior writer should possess a proven track record in the use of narrative, messaging, and product that positions the organization to current and new audiences, including policymakers and influencers. Working hand-in-hand with the Public Relations team, and senior leaders, to create messaging, content, and strategies that will have a lasting impact on results. This is an amazing opportunity for a pro that wants to have a more significant role in shaping how people view the future of education in America.
• Develop and craft internal/external communications including, but not limited to, op-eds, thought leadership, white papers, letters to the editor, policy briefs, blogs, annual reports, and internal-corporate communications.
• Promote K12, business units, and the schools we serve, through the crafting of press announcements, as well as occasional media pitches as a member of the Public Relations team.
• Develop executive presentations, speeches, talking points and prepare senior leaders for speaking engagements.
• Write corporate announcements, editorial features, social posts, etc.
• At least 6-10 years related work experience or equivalent combination, with strong preference given to those who have worked in journalism, public relations, public affairs or executive communications.
• Proven verbal, interpersonal, written, digital, multimedia and presentation skills, with demonstrated ability to clearly convey complex ideas to a variety of audiences. An AP style and grammar wizard who possesses excellent copy-editing skills preferred.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
• Ability to collaborate on projects, as well carry out projects individually.
• An understanding of public policy issues at the state and federal levels for the education sector a plus.
• Expert-level Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills and proficiency with Excel. Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
• Flexibility to work as required to complete projects.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here