McLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
The Clinical Outreach Manager is responsible for educating and establishing & maintaining relationships with clinicians, therapists, EAP's, interventionists, inpatient and outpatient facilities, corporations, educational institutions, etc. on McLean Hospital's specialty residential treatment programs, with an emphasis on the hospital's self-pay offerings. The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hosting educational and networking events, CRM database utilization, overseeing mailing, email and other marketing campaigns in conjunction with the marketing and database managers, serving as representative and advocate/liaison for professional, and providing professional representation at national conferences promoting McLean's clinical services.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Act as the primary liaison to referrers to meet their needs and maximize admissions to McLean Hospital programs
• On the road outreach and visitation to key institutional and community referrers, including group practices, physician practices and other entities responsible for referring patients
• Marketing outreach and presence at national/regional professional meetings, conferences and other appropriate venues
• Enhancing referral relations by working with external facilities to attain timely attention to requests for information and appropriate follow-up to referrals such as communication of new developments within McLean
• Working with marketing/outreach director and other team members to identify outreach priorities and to develop plans for proactively meeting referral needs
• Utilizing current systems to track, analyze and report referral data including payor mix, patient origin and marketplace dynamics monthly
• Utilizing department database for outreach activities and contact reporting
• Participating as a member of the McLean Hospital Business Development Team to assist with the development of program specific marketing plans with ongoing review and analysis to incorporate changing dynamics and competitor information
• Must be willing to travel as part of fulfilling the responsibility
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in related area required-clinical degree preferred
· 5 years of clinical and/or mental health experience preferred
· Outreach experience marketing to referral sources who cater to clinically complex clients and high net worth individuals
· Experience in a health care setting working collaboratively with individual and institutional referral sources
· Experience working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary staff, both within McLean and the community at large
Skills and Abilities
· Self-starter, highly self-motivated and highly organized
· Ability to promote and market the depth and breadth of mental health and substance abuse services offered by McLean Hospital
· Strong presentation skills
· Ability to research and develop referral sources
· Excellent customer service skills
· Familiarity with community resources
· Understanding of clinical responsibilities including psychiatric assessment, triage and treatment planning
· Excellent writing, verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
· Ability to multitask and work independently and collaboratively within a rapidly changing system of care
· Strong strategic thinking skills required
· Proficient with MS Office and CRM clinical databases
· Frequent national travel (50%) that will vary week-to-week
All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.
It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide
equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing
employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other basis that would be in violation of any
applicable law or regulation.
Partner's Healthcare is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: