Tucson, AZ, United States
Office of Academic Affairs (9902)
The person in this position will work as part of a small but impactful team whose responsibilities include fostering effective communication between the University and its students, employees, alumni, and the public in order to advance the University’s strategic vision. The successful candidate will also work with a team of professionals to support the Academic Program Review (
) processes including data collection for and editing and summarizing the
self-study. Editing and maintaining the Provost webpages is also an important part of this position. In addition, this person will create, manage, and guide compelling, engaging content for the Office of Academic Affairs under the direction of the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, Teaching, and Learning.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/
tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. has been listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., please click here
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides support to academic units preparing for the Academic Program Review (
• Researches and utilizes UAccess Analytics and Academic Analytics to provide data and reports to the academic units preparing for the
• Reads and edits
Self-Study for academic units to provide consistency of the
• Summarizes and evaluates the
self-study for the provost and senior vice provost,
• Summarizes the report from the
review committee and writes a report for Arizona Board of Regents (
), provost, and senior vice provost,
• Develops and executes communication plans by utilizing traditional and electronic publishing technologies,
• Provides research and data collection and analysis; writes, evaluates, reviews, edits, and publishes internal and external communication materials, which include University and Division wide policies and communications, office correspondence and memos, and website content
• Edits and maintains website pages,
• Independently researches, ensures accuracy and facts, and determines content and layout,
• Manages the development and distribution of content through various media, and
• Evaluates communications effectiveness to develop improved methods and process; devises evaluation methodology and implementation; analyzes results and recommends and/or takes appropriate action.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Liberal Arts or related fields and one year experience in editing written documents, content development, and communications experience, marketing, or related field; OR five years’ experience in the development and management of communication or marketing plans or editing or related experience; OR Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Creative Suite (CS5 and later) Illustrator and Photoshop, Qualtrics Surveys (or similar), and Drupal (or similar).
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication and editing skills along with impeccable grammar and spelling.
• Organizational and analytical skills are essential, along with the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
• Must be proficient in many writing styles, including promotional writing for differing target audiences.
• Must have the ability to communicate with management and leadership and other key stakeholders.
• Skill with, or ability to learn quickly, UA Analytics for data collection and analysis.
• Demonstrated project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects in a high-volume environment.
• Master’s degree in a related field.
• Knowledge of higher education academic policies.
Full Time/Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week
Administrative and Professional
Yes - Full Benefits
Posted Rate of Pay
Type of criminal background check required:
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Limited to Current UA Employees
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled
Review Begins On
Special Instructions to Applicant
In the writing sample slot please upload at least three examples of communications and/or or marketing experience and make it one document.
At **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Quick Link for Internal Postings