Michelin North America
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is recruiting for a Social Media Manager.
This Social Media Manager will work within the Communications, Brands, and Government Affairs Department. The main function of this role is to work in collaboration and consultation with multiple business partners to coordinate a social media strategy driving positive online sentiment and engagement to support business and brand goals. The successful candidate will oversee governance of all social media channels in U.S. and Canada; maintain a corporate-listening program via an external agency; work with business units to monitor and respond to brand conversations in social media; and direct social media strategies and actions in the context of issue and crisis management. The manager will collaborate with Group colleagues at our headquarters in France to share best practices, influence the global strategy, and coordinate local deployment of global social media initiatives.
Occasional travel is required (estimated between 10% and 25%, based on project demands). The nature of social media is 24x7 - requiring flexibility and willingness to respond quickly at any time. A high level of professional judgment and discretion is demanded due to the sensitive nature of many of the subjects that require social media monitoring and activity.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
* Parental leave
* Tuition reimbursement
* Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
* Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
* 529 college savings plan
* A 401(k) match
* Free tires based upon years of service
* An Employee Assistance Program
* A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at THIS EMAIL
Michelin is the worldwide leader in providing a better way forward for the people who rely on vehicles in all shapes and sizes from cars, trucks and motorcycles to airplanes, earthmovers, tractors and more. Based in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs about 22,700 and operates 19 major manufacturing plants.
As a mobility company, Michelin is a place where innovation thrives. The Company`s dedication to sustainable mobility guides our purpose and defines our success for our customers, for our employees, for our communities and for society, in North America and around the globe.
Michelin has earned a long-standing reputation for delivering premium products and services -from the industry-leading tires we produce to the travel experiences we make possible. Michelin helps you connect with memorable experiences through our travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. For more than a century, Michelin has served as a trusted partner for the journey ahead.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin`s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes annual survey of America`s Best Large Employers, No. 1 Automotive employer and No. 34 Overall
- Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
- Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
- AARP, one of the Best Employers for Workers Over 50
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will c ome for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
* BA/BS degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or related field.
* Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in marketing, corporate communications, or public relations, with at least three years of direct involvement with content and program delivery through digital/social media.
* Superior communication skills, including writing, editing and verbal capabilities.
* The ideal candidate would be an active social media participant, have experience communicating through various social media platforms and have past experience with corporate communications, digital, agency or brand teams.
* Pragmatic and demonstrated sense of business acumen, problem-solving ability, creativity and a
sense of getting things done through defined social media channels.
* Strong organizational, multi-tasking and project management skills, with a focus on planning, setting priorities and delivering results under tight deadlines.
* Strong consultative skills and ability to work collaboratively in a matrix organization to establish Credibility, trust, confidence and influence among business and agency partners.
Qualification 1 : Provide strategic leadership, coordination and execution oversight of all North American social media activity and serve in an advisory role to individual brand and business teams. This includes administration of channel access rights, social tools (i.e. Sprinklr, Conversocial, etc.) and membership in SocialMedia.org.
Qualification 2 : Create sound metrics consistent with benchmark standards that measure efficacy and ROI of social media efforts.
Qualification 3: Manage the social media monitoring and response program, including the agency relationship, insight development and distribution efforts.
Qualification 4 : Maintain the North America Social Media Handbook & guidelines. Use it to train business teams and external partners and ensure adherence to guidelines.
Qualification 5 : Partner with public relations managers, the media manager and business unit teams in the development of internal and external corporate and brand campaigns to bridge traditional (paid) and new (earned/owned) media tools with the global and local social media strategy in mind.
Qualification 6 : Participate in strategic and tactical issue- and crisis-management processes.
Qualification 7 : Consult with internal business partners to ensure they are aligned and receive maximum value from social media efforts. Coach key stakeholders in the development of social content and adherence to brand standards.
Qualification 8 : Use social media internally to boost employee engagement in partnership with the Personnel and Internal Communications team.
Dedicated career managers
An individualized training program
A pleasant working environment
Michelin North America
Website : http://www.michelinman.com
Michelin is focused on meeting the challenges of sustainable mobility and the global marketplace by enhancing performance and innovation.