Lenexa, KS, United States
Sep 13, 2021
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Proposal Manager - Municipal Water/Wastewater
Requisition ID: 125562
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Business Development & Proposals
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Proposal Manager supporting Kiewit’s Municipal Water market across North America, you will oversee the pursuit process and proposal best practices needed to win publicly procured contracts. This position reports to the Water Market Lead within Kiewit’s Marketing and Proposals group and will coordinate with Kiewit’s North American Markets & Strategy team as well as local Kiewit District Operations leaders, engineers, and estimators.
Ideally this role would be located in Lenexa, KS, Houston, TX, The Woodlands, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, or Fairfield, CA.
• Manage proposal process to create and coordinate responsibility matrix defining roles, deadlines and assignments
• Manage proposal process to assess level of effort for pursuits and resourcing of personnel from Kiewit’s Marketing and Proposals group, Kiewit Districts and external partners
• Manage pursuit work plan with the Markets & Strategy team as well as District leadership and staff
• Facilitate strategy and storyboarding sessions
• Lead proposal kick-off meetings, milestone reviews and recovery periods
• Develop and maintain best practices and templates, data platform and style guides
• Interview and develop content, technical writing and editing
• Brainstorm with graphic designers the technical and informational graphics with visual persuasion
• Coordinate production process
• Travel as needed: 10-20% per year
• At least 5 years of proposal management experience in A/E/C (or related) industry with an emphasis on publicly procured, qualifications-based collaborative delivery projects.
• At least 3 years of proposal experience managing and coordinating publicly procured construction projects..
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications, Journalism, or English, although any related field to the A/E/C industry will be considered. Construction Management or Engineering degree a plus.
• Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Excellent understanding of construction and engineering-focused/technical writing skills, specifically related to the municipal Water market
• Skilled at collaborating with and interviewing executives, engineers, construction managers, legal, designers, and others to secure information for various writing assignments
• Exceptional attention to detail, organization and active listening skills
• Strong emotional intelligence
• Self-motivated with ability to work well with professionals from various backgrounds
• Ability to manage multiple projects to consistently meet high standards and be attentive to quality
• Driven for results and deadlines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.