This position will support Atlas Air Worldwide's integrated external communication and marketing program and will provide a broad exposure to a wide variety of marketing and communication tasks. This person will work with the Sales and Marketing team on projects to support their annual goals and objectives and will be involved in marketing development and implementation, digital and traditional media, internal and external communications, website maintenance, trade show preparation, customer presentations and a range of administrative tasks.
General Job Accountabilities:
* Track key projects, deliverables, and marketing/communications plans
* Pro-active follow up on all tasks for which the function is responsible
* Timely and accurate completion of tasks
* Complete ad hoc duties as needed
* Interact with other departments to understand the key components of the Company's business.
* Assist with meeting all deadlines as outlined in the yearly Marketing/Communications Plan.
* Be a resource for Atlas' regional teams in Asia/Pacific, Europe/Middle East/India/Africa, South America, and North America.
* Assist in managing the PowerPoint management system (Advanced PowerPoint skills are essential to success in this position) the research/preparation/updating of slide presentations for customers meetings.
* Support scheduling, planning, and preparation for customer marketing and trade show events.
* Interface with vendors to update collateral and develop promotional materials. Ensure proper inventory levels at regional team offices and shipments to trade shows in a timely manner.
* Coordinate key promotional sponsorship opportunities for trade shows with graphic designer and trade show vendor and meet deadline for delivery of artwork to vendors.
* Plan the annual purchasing of promotional giveaway items, obtain approvals for selection, design and cost, coordinate with vendors and ensure timely shipments to regional team offices or trade shows.
* Coordinate the annual purchasing of executive giveaways and annual holiday gifts, holiday cards design and distribution to customers.
Advertising, Social Media and Media Relations:
* Coordinate print and online advertising with graphic designer, oversee copy deadlines, obtain all necessary approvals and meet copy deadlines.
* Monitor media for articles regarding the company, its competitors, and customers.
* Assist in the development and implementation of the annual social media plan.
* Develop postings for social media, obtain all necessary approvals.
* Maintain and cultivate press contact list.
* Support preparation, drafting, editing and distribution of communications including, but not limited to press releases, articles, announcements, talking points, holding statements, etc. Ensure distribution through appropriate channels to intended audiences.
* Monitor Company website to ensure all information is up to date and new information is posted in a timely manner.
* Monitor and assist with maintenance of company's intranet homepage and Corporate Communications page. Ensure prompt posting of press releases, news articles, announcements and other materials intended for internal audiences.
* Participate in the development and completion of the Annual Report.
* Assist in ensuring that all company external communications are integrated and consistent.
Corporate Meetings and Events:
* Assist with planning, logistics and coordination of deliverables for internal/external meetings such as trade shows, annual meetings, special events, town halls, and analyst days.
* Assist with development of annual advertisement and sponsorship planning.
* Assist with filing of invoices and final advertising
* Maintain digital photo library and fulfill requests for images, logos, etc.
* Bachelor's Degree required; degree preferred in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
* 2 years marketing or advertising experience.
* 2 years in a professional corporate environment.
* Applicant must demonstrate a strong ability in both verbal and written communications.
* Strong planning, organizational and execution skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
* Advanced computer skills in MS Office including PowerPoint. Experience with Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator, website management of WordPress and working knowledge of communication and social media tools is desired.
* Must possess impeccable ethics, the ability to think independently and a professional manner in dealing with senior management.
* Must be motivated and have the ability to effectively and efficiently juggle multiple deliverables.
* Requires minimal supervision, strong independent thinker and the ability to team well with others.
* Works well under pressure and can effectively and professionally handle confidential issues in a tight time frame.
* Has supervised vendors such as graphic design firms, printers, and audio/visual companies.
* Professional and positive attitude with internal and external clients.
* Professional dress required.