Community Health Alliance Pasadena
ChapCare, a growing Medical Group provider to residents of the greater Pasadena area and San Gabriel Valley, is seeking a qualified Community Outreach Worker. Candidate for the position will be a strong leader for patient recruitment, enrollment, and retention that advances patient access to agency services. The Community Outreach Worker will be accountable for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting activities against established goals.
ChapCare’s Expectations of all Employees
· Adheres to all of ChapCare’s Policies and Procedures
· Conducts self in a manner that represents ChapCare’s core values at all times
· Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related contacts
· Communicates regularly with his/her immediate supervisor about Departmental and ChapCare concerns
· Consistently reports to work prepared to perform the duties of the position
· Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Identifies/researches outreach locations for presentations
· Liaisons with community agencies to support development of an outreach calendar
· Drives financial results through the implementation of the outreach and enrollment plan for designated area
· Provides outreach presentations and distributes patient recruitment materials (i.e. brochures, fliers) at community locations and to individuals in the community to increase patient volume and health center revenue
· Counsels community members on their healthcare options (including Medi-Cal, Covered CA, and the Los Angeles County My Health LA Program), including the provision of health insurance screenings via the web-based screening tool.
· Helps community members complete health insurance application/submission for Medi-Cal, Covered CA, and the Los Angeles County My Health LA Program at a number of points-of-entry (including health insurance enrollment shop (s), at enrollment events, and in the health center setting)
· Adhere to all policies as set forth by Medi-Cal, Covered CA, and the Los Angeles County My Health LA Program
· Utilize Web based database system to enter and track outreach activities
· Supports follow-up with clients to ensure that they have activated their coverage (via payment to Covered CA or selection of a health plan and primary care provider via Medi-Cal)
· Supports retention activities for clients who have chosen ChapCare as their primary care provider.
· Attending in state and out of state conferences may be required.
· Other activities assigned as required
Experience & Education:
· High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Health, Communications or a related field (preferred).
· Certified Application Counselor (CAC) or Certified Enrollment Counselor (CEC) certification (preferred)
· Outreach and Community Engagement (preferred)
· Non-profit experience (preferred)
· Sales experience (preferred)
· Demonstrates a commitment to the agency’s mission
· Should be comfortable developing relationships and working with key community stakeholders
· Comfortable and knowledgeable of the Health Care Industry a plus
· Strong presentation skills
· Excellent written and verbal skills (excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation)
· Ability to read, analyze, and produce reports. Proficiency with Excel, Microsoft Office Suite
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
· Demonstrates cultural and linguistic competence. Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) a plus.
· Ability to work as a team member
· Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
· Should be pleasant, neat, and well-groomed in representing the agency to the general public
· Must have a valid driver’s license and clear Department of Motor Vehicles record. This position requires the employee to drive 75% of the time in the assigned territory.
Community Health Alliance Pasadena