Job ID#: 18240BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Senior Public Relations Manager
Job Category: Business Development, Strategic Development
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Public Relations Manager located in Poway, CA.
This position will be responsible for strategic communications and public relations to develop communication strategies that align with international capture campaigns to include management of public and media relations. Responsible for directing, planning and conducting public relations and goodwill programs to improve and support the Company's business objectives and relations with the public, industry and employees. Objectives may be accomplished through subordinate management or professional staff. Develops, modifies and implements operating policies and procedures for the department. Ensures that projects meet organizational objectives and are completed on schedule and within budget. Responsible for decisions that have an extended and significant impact on outcomes across the company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Directs, plans and interprets organization's public relations strategies, policies, and procedures for the unit and evaluates work standards and performance of subordinates ensuring uniformity and effectiveness.
* Reviews responses to all media-related inquiries and makes necessary revisions as needed.
* Directs the planning, preparation and dissemination of information utilizing media such as magazines, speeches, scripts and electronic media. Researches and may write copy for corporate promotional materials and press releases.
* Reviews s photographs submitted, assigns and/or approves artwork. Actively involved in community and civic programs.
* Identifies opportunities and recommends ideas for feature articles, interviews, presentations, and other public relations activities that promote awareness of the company and its products or services.
* Develops contacts and maintains relationships with media representatives to create opportunities for keeping the company and its products or services in front of public and the trade.
* Represents the department or company as a primary contact with internal and external senior management or representatives: makes internal and external presentations as required.
* Provides direction to subordinate management and/or experienced professionals for the purpose of accomplishing department goals and developing skills.
* Directs the planning, attraction, selection, retention and development of human resources to ensure the availability of required management, professional and technical talent.
* Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
* Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Business Administration or a related discipline and thirteen or more years of progressive professional experience with at least seven or more years of management experience. Additional professional experience in public relations may be substituted in lieu of education. Must demonstrate extensive knowledge in the application of public relations, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
* The ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgment in resolving unusually complex management and administrative problems.
* The ability to develop and interpret policies and procedures.
* The ability to serve as spokesperson on projects and be knowledgeable in one or more areas of the Company.
* The ability to develop and administer budgets, schedules and performance standards.
* Excellent communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills to enable an effective interface with other units, departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, and external parties including government representatives.
* The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
* Extensive knowledge of computer applications and operations pertinent to the field.
* Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
Travel Percentage Required : 25% - 50%
Clearance Required? Desired