Oak Park and River Forest #200
Type of Employment:
Other Non-Certified Staff
Grade 11, $35,250 minimum to $47,000 midpoint.
OPRF – WHO WE ARE…
Oak Park and River Forest High School, or OPRF, is a comprehensive public high school located in Oak Park, Ill., a suburb eight miles due west of downtown Chicago. We are a one-school district, with the majority of our students coming from two sender districts, River Forest Public Schools District 90 and Oak Park Elementary School District 97. We offer more than 200 courses, a variety of programs for students with special needs, 75 clubs and activities, and 29 competitive sports. We prepare our students well for post-secondary success, with an average ACT composite score of 24 and a 94% graduation rate. Oak Park and River Forest are communities that highly value diversity. OPRF is a founding member of the national Minority Student Achievement Network, and our school is racially and economically diverse, with about 44% of our 3,300 students identifying as African-American, Hispanic, multiracial, or Asian. Our villages have long embraced the LGBTQ community, and we have a significant mix of homeowners and renters. We seek faculty and staff who have high expectations for all students, and who value student voice in education. As a school, we are particularly focused on closing opportunity gaps for our students of color. OPRF is an equal opportunity employer that provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. OPRF’s goal is to increase its representation of people of color. Background:
Oak Park and River Forest High School District 200 is a progressive district that is focused not only on our tradition of excellence but our future. The District prides itself in offering our students a comprehensive 9-12 college and career readiness curriculum and a rich arts education program. Our students are curious, creative, and they come ready to learn. More than 90 percent of our students go on to college. Oak Park and River Forest High School District 200 believes that we can “become an ever-improving model of equity and excellence that will enable all students to achieve their full potential.” We can accomplish this through dedicated teachers, staff, and administration who build relationships with students and have high expectations for themselves and their students. We believe in planning for and providing the academic and developmental support students need to meet those expectations. We further believe that every student can learn through exposure to academically challenging content, feedback during learning, and the educator’s knowledge and skill. Oak Park and River Forest High School District 200 is a great place for those who are interested in an environment that supports creativity, leadership at all levels, innovation, a focus on professional and curriculum development, and the best practices of instruction. We are currently seeking individuals to join our team where we enable all students to achieve their full potential every day. General Responsibilities:
This position helps promote District news, programs, initiatives, and priorities to key audiences, including parents, students, faculty and staff, community members, and the media. Generates content for social media outlets and works with Director of Communications & Community Relations to prepare videos, media pitches and news releases, web site and intranet content, District publications (both print and electronic), etc. Job Tasks
• Serve as backup to the director of communications. Know the crisis communications plan, be able to craft messages appropriate for various audiences, know and use protocols for disseminating them.
• Lead social media program. Plan, create, and post appropriate content regularly to District social media channels. Monitor channels, and respond to questions and comments that need factual support. Develop new channels (e.g., Instagram). Plan and execute social media campaigns for particular events/issues. Analyze effectiveness.
• Lead video program. Plan, shoot, and edit school district videos, including videos of workshops and presentations for parents.
• Assist with drafting and producing electronic and print publications. Assist with developing new ones such as community e-newsletter and Board meeting updates.
• Assist with news gathering. Seek out potential media stories, craft pitches.
• Assist with maintaining the district website. Plan, write, update content. Monitor others’ pages to ensure they’re current. Help provide training and support to staff to maintain their pages.
• Assist with maintaining student and staff intranets. Plan, write, update content.
• Assist with planning and producing events as needed.
• Participate in professional growth activities.
• Exhibit a positive attitude and project a positive image to parents, students, and staff.
• Perform occasional clerical tasks.
• Perform other duties as assigned. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive listing of the duties performed in this position. The individuals currently holding this position perform additional duties and additional duties may be assigned. Oak Park & River Forest High School District 200 (OPRF) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position description should not be considered to contain every function/responsibility that an individual may be asked to perform by his/her supervisor. Employees are expected to perform other related functions as assigned.
• College degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, or related field
• Prefer three years minimum of related experience
• Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly with parents, staff, and students
• Experience in social media content strategy and analytics
• Multimedia experience, including video production and editing
• Ability to think clearly and make good decisions under pressure
• Creative, enthusiastic, genuine
Report Card Link:
District Report Card
Job Posting Date:
Oak Park and River Forest #200
Phone : 708)434-3211
Fax : 708)434-3917