The American Red Cross
Job Description: As an employee at the American Red Cross, you could be on the front lines making a positive impact on our community. You could provide your services directly to the American public or support to the people who do. Both roles help further the mission of the Red Cross. Join our non-profit organization, where your heart and mind go to work!
We are currently seeking a Senior Volunteer Recruitment Specialist to work in our Baltimore, MD location.
The Senior Volunteer Recruitment Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing broad-based recruitment strategies to attract and identify Red Cross volunteers to effectively support the Greater Chesapeake Region goals and mission critical activities.
Specific job duties: focus on external-facing volunteer recruitment; strategic planning around recruitment; build and manage partner relationships; build a volunteer recruitment team.
1. Achieve assigned recruitment metrics that will meet specific volunteer needs identified through the Volunteer Needs Assessment tool. Emphasis placed on geography, skill sets, availability and leadership experience. Actively engage in direct, focused, targeted volunteer recruiting within the region through various resource pools, networks and social media.
2. Identify, cultivate, and maintain relationships with key volunteer recruitment agencies or organizations, market segments and other populations to recruit volunteers to meet regional recruitment metrics, and to build a strong volunteer candidate pipeline based on needs assessments. This may include leveraging recruitment venues, in-person presentations, social media campaigns and identifying user groups and professional associations which could lead to qualified candidates.
3. Partner with internal staff to strengthen existing relationships and identify and evaluate prospective new volunteer recruitment sources and partnerships within the Region.
4. Evaluate and modify recruitment strategies based on lessons learned.
5. Coach, develop and lead volunteer recruitment teams (paid and volunteers), and foster a culture of volunteerism that supports and assists in implementing regional recruitment strategies. Provide appropriate performance feedback and guidance.
6. Using the Red Cross brand, collaborate with national and regional marketing and communications teams to leverage existing or develop new recruitment materials; and create presentations to ensure maximum effectiveness for online and in-person targeted recruitment efforts.
7. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining accurate records of all potential and actual volunteer leads through the appropriate volunteer tracking tool.
8. Prepare and maintain monthly reports on specific regional volunteer recruitment activity.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent combination of related education and experience required.
Experience: Minimum 5-7 years related experience required.
Minimum 6 months supervisory experience
Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Proficiency in training and presentation skills, as well as the ability to relate effectively to people of diverse backgrounds and education levels.
* Demonstrated ability to recruit diverse individuals for multiple positions.
* Knowledge of group dynamics, direct sales, customer maintenance techniques, negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs preferred.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple and continuously evolving priorities effectively are required.
* Recruiting experience or the ability to effectively communicate and represent Red Cross mission and activities in a positive and realistic manner preferred.
* Intermediate proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Travel: Will involve 25-30% regional travel. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
Each day, thousands of people – people just like you – provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world. We roll up our sleeves and donate time, money and blood. We learn or teach life-saving skills so our communities can be better prepared when the need arises. We do this every day because the Red Cross is needed - every day.