['IT Reporting and Communications Manager','170006ZU','!*!Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for a IT Reporting and Communications Manager . Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
· Manages a group of intermediate level IT employees
· Participate as a key member of an IT Management Team.
· Responsible for financial management including AOP, budget management, and forecasting.
· Responsible for People Management including work plan development, performance management, and people development.
· Responsible for team building and development including organization structure, recruiting, global team management.
· Compile and present Management Reports on team performance including metrics, deliverable status, etc.
· Communicate status to senior management.
· Accountable for Six Sigma training, usage and goal attainment for the team.
· Ensure team adherence to all IT processes, policies, and procedures including IT Security.
· Responsible of IT Controls compliance for the team
· Engagement with customers in their respective function or business area.
· Governance/Leadership for all program/projects executed or supported by their teams.
· Lead and manage the overall IT Communications Strategy and Plan
· Provide oversight and leadership to the IT Communications Committee
· Coordinate IT Communications with Corporate Communications
· Create and execute an IT Marketing Plan to promote and recognize the IT Function within Cummins and externally
· Lead the development and tracking of key KPI’s to measure the progress of the IT Function
· Track the progress of the IT Goal Tree
· Provide oversight to the design and development of the IT Executive Dashboard
· Provide reporting assistance to the overall IT Strategy and Planning group
','!*!Skills and Experience Required:
Attention to Details - This skill involves paying attention to all the details of what is communicated, either written, orally, or presented.
Coach and Develop - Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees; gives timely specific feedback and helpful coaching; provides challenging assignments and opportunities for development
Communication(Written and Verbal) - Effectively expresses messages and ideas in a clear, organized and relevant manner for a variety of audiences.
Develop Systems and Processes - Identifies and implements effective processes and procedures for accomplishing work
Manage Execution - Assigns responsibilities; delegates to and empowers others; removes obstacles; allows for and contributes needed resources; coordinates work efforts when necessary; monitors progress
Motivate Others - Encourages and empowers others to achieve; establishes challenging performance standards; creates enthusiasm, a feeling of investment, and a desire to excel
Set the Aim - have a clear line of sight to and positive impact on the strategy; ensures execution plans are aligned with Cummins vision/mission/values, strategic principles and goal trees.
Think Strategically - Recognizes significant long-term opportunities for success and accompanying risks; considers a broad range of factors and alternatives and their implications for stakeholders; develops effective, profitable approaches aligned with Cummins vision/mission/values and strategic principles
Significant level of relevant work experience, including supervisory experience, required. Broad business knowledge required. Strong communication skills, excellent writing skills as well as experience in managing and executing to a communications plan. Experience in development of KPI’s, metrics, measures
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business or a related subject required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience plus annualized bonus potential. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
','SYSTEMS/INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY','United States-Indiana-Columbus-US, IN, Columbus, Sears Building','','Experienced - Professional / Office','Professional - Experienced','Professional - Experienced','Nov 29, 2017','Ongoing','IT Reporting and Communications Manager
Website : http://www.cummins.com
Cummins Inc., a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins employs approximately 46,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of more than 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,500 dealer locations.