St. Martin's Press, LLC
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a division of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media company headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC
Picador is seeking an experienced Senior Publicist to handle high profile publicity campaigns for both fiction and non-fiction titles in hardcover and paperback reprint. This individual will collaborate and work closely with the VP Executive Director of Publicity and the Publisher, as well as the marketing, sales, and editorial teams to implement successful campaigns while developing and strengthening media and author relationships. Candidate should be enthusiastic, creative and forward-thinking, passionate about books and media.
• Develop and execute publicity plans on a full list of books, working closely with high-profile authors, other members of the publicity team, the marketing department, and editorial staff
• Act as point person for inquiries pertaining to specific publicity plans/books
• Create press releases and pitch books to print, online, and broadcast media
• Responsible for booking multi-city national tours, including speaking engagements and bookstore signings, and media appearances in each tour city
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Superior written and verbal communication skills; attention to detail
• Well-rounded knowledge of trade and general media
• Ability to work well both independently and in a collaborative environment
• Ability to be creative, assertive and persuasive
• Established relationships with major national media contacts, including books editors, and especially with TV news and radio producers
• Strong understanding of social media including Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook, and how these platforms can be used to augment successful book publicity campaigns
• 4 to 5 years previous book publicity experience
Educational Background Required:
• Bachelor’s degree required
St. Martin's Press, LLC
Website : http://www.stmartins.com