Navarro Research and Engineering
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Communication Specialist in North Las Vegas, NV.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarros success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
As part of the Navarro Public Involvement team, the Communications Specialist I position supports the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Nevada Field Office (NFO) Environmental Management (EM) Program by providing responsive, timely, and high quality support in the areas of public information, internal and external stakeholder interactions, community outreach, and product development. Team members work closely with a variety of clients and other contractor partners to assist in establishing and maintaining an effective dialogue with internal, community and intergovernmental stakeholder groups.
* Under general supervision, perform moderately complex professional tasks in support of communications and public affairs-related initiatives.
* Knowledge of fundamental principles, concepts, and techniques in communications and public affairs.
* Ability to independently organize own work to meet established objectives, using discretion in performing duties.
* Must be able to communicate information in writing, possess basic mathematical and multitasking/reasoning skills, and demonstrate good language/interpersonal communication skills and judgment to work in a team environment supporting a wide array of clients and communications initiatives.
* Must have, or be able to quickly acquire, the necessary verbal, written, creative, communication, and organizational skills to achieve client satisfaction of job performance.
* Success and advancement is highly dependent upon the level and proficiency of interpersonal communication skills, dedication exhibited, and management of assigned tasks.
* Serve as the local interface for conceptualizing, planning and conducting activities associated with implementing public involvement and community outreach initiatives for disseminating information to external parties.
* Work within a team environment to brainstorm and develop ideas that foster awareness and educate the public regarding environmental management program activities at the Nevada National Security Site.
* Coordinate/support the planning, development, and implementation of educational outreach events, community meetings, workshops, and informational seminars as directed by the supervisor.
* Operate photographic and video recording equipment and use Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Illustrator, PhotoShop, lnDesign, Premier, etc.) to create quality products.
* Develop multimedia presentations and informational documents for both internal and external audiences, including newsletters, fact sheets, brochures, posters/displays, web pages, videos, and related informational materials using Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
* As needed, participate in the Initial Response Team and/or Joint Information Center for conducting emergency public information.
* Conduct general office tasks such as filing, data input/record keeping, exhibit materials storage maintenance, and other duties, as required.
* Associates degree from a college or university; one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in public relations, public policy, communications, journalism, or related discipline.
* Strong language/communication skills, basic mathematical skills, basic reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform essential functions of the job.
* Familiarity with social media principles and practices. Professional experience desired .
* Reading, writing, and comprehension .Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Navarro Research and Engineering
Website : http://www.navarro-inc.com
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. was founded in 1993 by Dr. Susana Navarro-Valenti in Oak Ridge, TN. Susana was born in Mexico City and came to the United States to study at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY. She completed both her masters and Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering at RPI and received the American Nuclear Society's Mark Mills Award for the best doctoral thesis in the U.S.