Richmond, VA, United States
, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the
experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity,
is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive.
offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Communications Specialist will possess a combination of design and strategic skills to cultivate and grow the School of Social Work brand through strategic and targeted communications. The Specialist will work in collaboration with the Director of Communications and School of Social Work communications team to develop and manage a cohesive and integrated visual identity, design visual assets for print and digital platforms and support all school programs and offices in their marketing efforts.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• A degree in marketing, communications, business, computer science or related field or comparable experience is required.
• Experience developing and implementing an integrated design strategy;
• Knowledge of contemporary print and digital design;
• Demonstrated design print and design experience;
• Knowledge of user experience practices;
• Demonstrated experience in visual campaign development;
• Demonstrated ability to implement campaign design across multiple platforms, to include social media, websites, paid media assets and print collateral;
• Experience in the development of project planning and fulfillment
• Experience in the management of multiple communications projects simultaneously
• Knowledge of the print production process, press file setup, project bidding and press checks;
• In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously;
• Ability to design and code
emails using an online email client such as MailChimp;
• Ability to use MS Office Suite, Wrike or similar project management software;
• Experience ensuring correct implementation of brand standards;
• Ability to work independently and in collaborative teams, while meeting deadlines
• Innovative and creative; self-motivated; organized.
• Ability to work in a diverse environment.
Preferred Hiring Standards
Preferred years of experience: 1 years
Required Licenses/ Certifications
Anticipated Hiring Range
$33,200 - $47,000
Application Process/Additional Information
Monroe Park Campus
Normal Work Days/Hours
Job Open Date
Posting will close on or before
Open Until Filled
Is this a restricted position?
Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements?
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Briefly describe your print and digital design experience. (Open Ended Question)
Briefly describe your experience with implementing a campaign design across multiple platforms. (Open Ended Question)
Please describe your experience with managing multiple communications projects simultaneously. (Open Ended Question)
How many years of experience do you have in communications? 0-1
Do you have degree in marketing, communications, business, computer science, related field or comparable experience? Yes
Are you a current VCU employee? Yes
Optional & Required Documents
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
600 W. Franklin Street
Richmond, VA 23284-2511