Kemper is currently seeking a Communications Specialist to work out of our Life and Health headquarters located in the Westport area of Maryland Heights. As part of the Communications & Creative Services department, this individual will have responsibility for editorial management of the monthly Home Service Connections magazine, along with extensive internal and external communications support for other departments, districts and company signature events across the corporation. This individual should possess business acumen, interpersonal and relationship-building skills as well as having experience in dealing with employees at all levels across the business.
As a Communications Specialist, this individual will act as the principal photographer of the company which includes working events and managing the photographic input from the 88 district offices located across the country. This individual will design and develop internal and external communications and marketing collateral material for various campaigns and projects and liaise across the company and businesses to support communication needs and achievement of communications and marketing objectives. The Communications Specialist acts as editor for Kemper’s monthly Connections magazine, distributed to all employees, including managing all of the content and coordinating with Home Office and Field Districts to obtain the appropriate material ahead of time and ensuring the magazine is assembled, proofread, printed and distributed on-time and within budget each month. . The Communications Specialist also supports the field agency by developing and coordinating content in support for the company's signature event, as well as other smaller district and regional events, including working with travel agencies, coordinating with qualifiers and district/agency management, and coordinating and managing certain administrative elements of the event. This individual will coordinate and executive deliver agency awards, plaques, and certificates for various programs for 2,500 field employees and support Agency Training in reviewing, editing, revising and offering creative and editorial counsel on all of the Agency Training department’s training material.
Qualifications and Experience:
• B.S. in graphic design, multimedia design, communications or a similar required.
• 5+ years experience in Communications (internal, external or marketing), Public Relations, creative design and development, or similar experience required.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office products.
• Photographic skills.
• Demonstrated creative abilities through a portfolio of work.
• Ability to interact with others to understand their creative needs and develop a product that fits their needs.
• Manage multiple projects at one time. Must be able to pre-plan and time manage effectively.
• Ability to provide a portfolio of work for review.
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $8 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
-MO +CB +LJ -GD -IN -MSJ –PT +GIJ
Website : http://www.kemper.com
Kemper is a diversified insurance holding company with subsidiaries that provide an array of products to the individual and small business market. Kemper Personal and Commercial Lines sells Auto, Home and Package Plus policies through independent agencies. Kemper Specialty California sells personal Auto insurance in the state of California through independent agents and brokers to customers who may have had difficulties obtaining or maintaining insurance in the past. Kemper Direct sells Auto and Home by phone and online. Kemper also offers Life and Health Insurance through Kemper Home Service Companies and Reserve National.