Mental Health Association of New York City
The Mental Health Association of New York City (MHA-NYC) is a nonprofit organization with local roots and a national reach. For over 50 years, MHA-NYC has been leading the way in mental health with a three-part mission of service, advocacy, and education. Every year, we reach over one million people nationally with mental and behavioral health challenges through high quality innovative programs and services, including the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, National Disaster Distress Helpline, and NYC Well.
The Network Engagement Coordinator is responsible for fostering communication between and related to the National Suicide Prevention Lifelines network of crisis centers both within the network and with the public.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Create and implement communications strategy for the Lifeline network centers to engage centers in an active national community of practice.
* Develop strategies to support crisis center best practices and engagement amongst centers in the Lifeline network using multi-media, including e-newsletters, blogs, webinars, email, listservs, social media, and more.
* Act as an informational resource for crisis centers during breaking news and cultural experiences, providing talking points, messaging and other information as needed.
* Raise public awareness of the unique needs of crisis centers and how to support them through the creation of engaging public messaging, partnerships, and strategy. Work with Marketing & Communications to coordinate strategies and messaging.
* Maintain the Lifeline Network Resource Center (NRC) (an online password protected community of practice for the crisis center community)
* Implement and manage a protocol to ensure all sections of the NRC are regularly updated.
* Implement and manage a plan to promote the social networking component of NRC.
* Implement and facilitate regular discussions regarding designated topics of interest on the NRC including input in all areas of Lifeline Best Practices, Model Operating Procedures, Clinical Technologies, Call Center Management and Sustainability.
* Foster partnerships and opportunities for messaging and engagement between the Lifeline, crisis centers, and crisis center-related stakeholders.
* Create and share messaging and materials in support of Communications and Lifeline goals, including written materials, visuals, social media messaging, one-pagers, and more.
* Integrate best practices and crisis center knowledge and experience into existing and future Communications internal and external messaging as necessary.
* Represent the Lifeline in engagements with crisis centers, the public, and media as necessary.
* Track metrics, provide reports, and make recommendations based on identified needs and goals.
* Support the Communications team and carry out Communications tasks as needed.
* Other duties assigned.
* Excellent verbal, written and computer skills.
* Courteous and professional manner.
* Effective time management and organizational skills.
* Strong customer-service orientation.
* Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.
* Ability to be flexible and versatile in a changing environment.
* Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* A minimum Bachelors degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Health/Administration, Psychology, Social Work or related field.
* Experience in the non-profit sector, mental health, suicide prevention, crisis intervention and/or mental health information and referral services experience a plus.
* Proficiency with and understanding of digital marketing tools a plus.
* Must be comfortable working independently.
*Headquarters is located in NYC but we have remote option
MHA-NYC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, caregiver status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Excellent comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental income insurance, pre-tax transit/parking, pre-tax FSA for medical and dependent care, and 401K available.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Mental Health Association of New York City