Senior Vice President | Healthcare
The position is based in our NYC office
The Senior Vice President (SVP) | Healthcare will join our talented team of integrated Healthcare communications professionals. The Healthcare practice is Porter Novelli's largest practice globally and we are looking to broaden the leadership team. This is a new position to work with leading global pharmaceutical clients in oncology, diabetes, medical devices and corporate communications/reputation. We would love your leadership and healthcare experience with pharmaceutical clients to continue to drive organic growth and new business wins that are contributing to our success.
As an SVP on our healthcare team you will provide senior level strategic counsel to clients and leadership across accounts. This position is responsible for leading and managing a key portfolio of business, building and maintaining client satisfaction and driving growth. In addition, we are looking for individuals who thrive on building and inspiring high-performing teams.
As a SVP on our team you will be provided with a clearly defined and well-supported path for leadership growth. That growth may include working with our other leading pharma clients as well as heading and/or participating in initiatives across the NY office and that might span regional even global offices. This is a highly visible position for a person who knows how to not only lead, but also mentor and coach integrated teams to success and to persuade clients to take risks and think bigger.
What you will be doing
* Leading the relationship with senior-level clients and being the recognized source of expertise and counsel in key client relationships, understanding all aspects of the client's business and future offerings
* Owning the client account relationship and developing results-oriented, creative and innovative strategic plans
* Ensuring the highest standard of client service and providing outstanding strategic and analytical counsel to clients and integrated team members on day-to-day issues
* Driving quality and effectiveness of the existing business and encouraging the uptake of new business ideas (organically)
* Leveraging traditional media and digital/emerging technologies for programming and influencer outreach
* Directing the functional aspects of the business e.g., talent acquisition, team professional development, financial management, client plans and presentations
* Mentoring, motivating, and coaching direct and indirect reports for success and growth
* Running the business as if it was your own
The experience that will contribute to your success
* Deep knowledge and expertise in healthcare with specific experience in pharmaceuticals or biotech
* A track record of success growing business organically and executing programs within the healthcare and pharmaceutical space coupled with a keen understanding of how to implement social/digital strategies in the parameters and regulations that are unique to the pharma industry
* Know how to build, maintain and expand successful relationships with existing clients; and, as part of a new business team energetically pursue and convert new business leads into clients
* A passion for your team, whether direct reports or the wider integrated team touching the business, coupled with respect and responsiveness to motivate and grow the individuals in your care
* 12 years' experience in healthcare public relations at an agency or in-house
* Absolute mastery of all the skills one would expect at this level including understanding how to lead integrated communications teams, complexities of a regulated environment; directly leading, engaging with, and managing client expectations across all agendas; willingness to jump in and support the team at all levels; principal on financials; presenting in all venues; strategic thinker and writer; digital; social; preference for being part of a highly collaborative integrated agency
Are You Ready?
If this description appeals to you let's start a conversation. We would like to answer your questions about Porter Novelli and learn more about your career accomplishments, ambitions, and interests, and how those intersect with the role we describe.