Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
This position is with one of our Affiliate companies that handles Medical Spending Administration on a National basis and will located in the CareFirst offices in Baltimore Maryland.
This position is with an Affiliate company to Blue Cross Blue Shield of MN that does Medical Spending Administration nationwide. We are hirnig in Baltimore for a Sales Exec to work with CareFirst in Baltimore. Due to co -branding rules we cannot share the company name on this job description. See this Portal for more information on our affiliate company. :
This position is responsible for driving new sales through direct sales and through planning, developing and building a national distribution channel with best in class consulting firms, broker firms, agencies, regional health plans, financial institutions and key market partners in CDHP target markets across the nation. The goals and results will align with the organization’s overall goals in order to achieve target account enrollment, asset deposit growth and profit performance towards business results.
This person will be responsible for working with the key internal teams (including sales, account management, compliance, operations, marketing communications, finance, IT, etc) to drive the direct sales strategy & distribution channel growth plan and deliver on sales goals. This will include, but not be limited to, channel development, direct sales, business partner management, coaching, pricing, and strategic integration.
1. Develop a written Sales Plan that incorporates critical success factors including contact management plan, business needs identification, competitive position, product and service strategy and positioning.
2. Execute the Sales Plan advancing the sale through each critical sales phase demonstrating the ability to gain increasing customer commitment through advanced selling skills.
3. Close new large account business at an annual rate favorable to SelectAccount through effective management of the finalist process and financial negotiations.
4. Mentor and coach Sales Executives, Sales Associates and Client Managers as requested.
5. Serve as a key contributor to best practice sales process development.
6. Demonstrate continuous self-improvement and commitment to the health savings account industry through active participation in industry and trade groups as appropriate.
7. Develop a continuous pipeline through effective prospect identification, qualification and development to close.
Accepting this position at BCBSMN affiliate company requires signing an Agreement Regarding Non-Disclosure of Confidential Information and Non-Competition as a condition of employment.
· Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications or other applicable field and 7 years sales experience in business and/or the healthcare benefits industry, preferably in sales and/or marketing positions or 11 years of related work experience in lieu of a degree.
· Experience in major and national account sales or consulting required with the ability to apply expert strategic selling skills in ambiguous and complex sales situations.
· Well developed relationship management skills with experience deploying a contact management plan at all levels within an organization.
· Ability to work across systems and functions to facilitate the development of new solutions and capabilities that meet client requirements.
· Skillful negotiator, ability to influence internal and external audiences.
· Well developed persuasive written and oral communications skills.
· Proficiency in basic math.
· Demonstrate active involvement in the industry and profession.
· Ability to obtain and maintain an active accident and health license.
· Requires 50% overnight travel
Knowledge of the national broker and consulting firms’ internal process.
· Knowledge of CDHP and Health Savings Account Banking industry.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Make a difference
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross. Be part of a company that lets you be you — and make a healthy difference in people’s lives every day
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
Website : http://www.bluecrossmn.com
Our history began in 1933, when seven St. Paul hospitals teamed up to form the “Minnesota Hospital Association.” It became the country’s first prepaid health care network. An early ad featured a nurse with a blue cross armband on the sleeve of her uniform. This was the birth of our iconic logo. We became the first health plan to be known as “Blue Cross.” Less than 10 years later, the name and symbol were adopted by the national Blue Cross Association. Blue Cross went on to become one of most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world.