Are you passionate about the cloud? Do you want to help mold the future of how customers build amazing things with AWS? Want to be a part of the exploding IoT market? Want to help define the technology AWS brings to Edge Devices? Our team is looking for a Partner Marketing Program Manager, Global role to help drive the go-to-market for AWS IoT partner community. If you have the right blend of passion, enthusiasm, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity, you may just be right for a role on the AWS IoT Partner Team.
IoT has become a priority for our customers across almost every industry. Ultimately, IoT is about solving business problems - either to increase revenue by using the data to create new digital services, or to increase efficiency by using the data to streamline operations and removing costs from operations. Customers are focused on solving business challenges, not simply connecting devices, so they look to AWS to provide solutions to those problems. This leads us to ask the question: If you knew the state of every thing and could reason on top of the data: What problems would you solve?
In the Partner Marketing Program Manager, Global role, you will develop and deliver partner marketing programs that enable IoT - Edge Device (Silicon, OEM, and CDM/CM) partners to acquire new customers, retain and grow existing customers and deliver growth in revenue from AWS services. You will develop a deep understanding of the AWS partner ecosystem and field priorities to define and execute a partner marketing plan to support the growth objectives of the region. You will act as the primary marketing contact for these partners worldwide, including regular participation in team calls across the globe, in-person meetings and planning sessions. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a marketing background that enables them to easily interact with enterprise customers and sales/field reps.
You will constantly monitor and support partner utilization of Marketing Development Funds and enable appropriate spend of MDF on marketing initiatives including being an expert resource on process, guidelines and options for the partners. You will work closely with your partner to create global programs then help execute these programs regionally. You will constantly seek to improve upon communication to the partner so that they are aware of the full scope of marketing resources and support that AWS has to offer.
This role requires strong collaboration and relationship-building skills as you will be required to partner with Product Marketing, Global & Regional Partner Marketing Teams and the Partner organization to execute Partner Marketing programs worldwide. You will be the voice of these partners needs into various internal stakeholders and to share best practices across regions. In addition, you may also be required to manage outside vendors to execute programs and achieve goals.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an incredibly fast growing business. The ideal candidate will have creative marketing ideas to combine with extensive analytic and data-driven customer demand generation experience. Ability to effectively communicate with some of the most agile technology companies in the industry, including both technical and non-technical audiences is critical. You should be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities. A solid understanding of cloud architecture and the cloud landscape are critical to this role.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 6 years of relevant work experience in partner marketing, demand generation in high-technology companies, ideally in cloud and/or enterprise software space
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications, or relevant field of study
• Managed marketing for a large global partner(s) for 6 years
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Possess an expert understanding of how to drive business and marketing with and through the partner ecosystem
• Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment, high-tech products/services required; enterprise software experience preferred
• Strong experience in managing large global partners to build global marketing programs appropriate for their goals
• Experience developing content marketing programs aligned to target solution segments and/or industries with demonstrated ability to develop compelling thought leadership content and strong working knowledge of best practices in digital marketing and social media
• Excel at cross-group collaboration, creative thinking, problem solving and have a bias for action
• Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business
• Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate in order to get the best results possible
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills with an innate attention to detail
• Strong project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization
• Willing to travel worldwide to meet with sales leaders, partners, attend events and support the sales team
• Familiarity with SFDC and Marketo preferred