Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The position is responsible for managing the development of multimedia communications in support of Amtrak’s Customer Experience initiatives. Projects will primarily involve managing and maintaining Customer Experience strategic communications plans, creating and analyzing customer journey maps, annotation of designs in preparation for executive review and supporting the development of product and service design recommendations across Amtrak digital touch points. Most projects will involve interactive design, visual design, service design, and user interface design and data-driven analysis, project management, communications and multi-media communications design. Interns will actively participate in the design review lifecycle and work in support of the leadership, product owners, and technical/vendor partners, while exploring, industry trends, and best practices in order to produce a gap analysis encompassing internal and external user experiences.
Design Administration, Analysis, Communication Design, & Organizational Change Project Management:
• Support the design lifecycle and evolving framework and style guide
• Maintain and communicate project updates across stakeholders, internal project team, and vendors as necessary
• Manage the development multimedia communications in support of Amtrak’s Customer Experience initiatives
• Research and collect data on specific topic area
• Consistently maintain design annotations and version control as designs traverse the product lifecycle.
• Identify challenges/barriers for implementing recommendations and methods for overcoming those challenges
• Support the development of the CX roadmap and strategic project plan to implement recommendations including estimated funding requirements and time required for implementation.
• Strong familiarity with Creative Cloud, Design Annotation, and Information Visualization.
• Assist the CX Director with any additional tasks as needed.
• Must be actively enrolled at an accredited University and pursuing a college degree in Design, Digital Marketing, Communications or Social Anthropology
• Experience with Visual or Graphic design tools and principles
• Experience with basic business, research, creative development, and analysis
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software products including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Adobe Creative Suite, or related multimedia
• Ability to work independently on a specific project and collaboratively as needed
• Additional degrees accepted in the field of Graphic Design, UX Design, Interactive and Visual Design
• An understanding of user experience, design thinking, and/or innovation strategy is an advantage.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements:
1 - 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job - we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The National Railroad Passenger Corporation, Amtrak, is a corporation striving to deliver a high quality, safe, on-time rail passenger service that exceeds customer expectations. Learn all about Amtrak here from every angle.