$12.24 - $13.46
The English Skills Learning Center (
) connects communities through language learning by providing free English classes to adult Refugees & Immigrants in the Salt Lake Area.
is a volunteer community partner of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.’s Thayne Center for Service and Learning. The Thayne Center for Service & Learning provides a supportive and inclusive office for students to explore community involvement, leadership, and volunteerism. By providing opportunities in conjunction with local nonprofits we cultivate an environment to test our student’s interests and area of study while assisting them to realize they have the knowledge and skills to affect positive change in our community. Though the position will be a direct placement at the
, the Thayne Center for Service and Learning will administer the orientation, enrollment and exit from the Community Work Study program and will act as on-campus supervisor.
promote our mission and services by creating and administering promotional materials and increasing the
social media presence. This position is ideal for individuals interested in graphic design, marketing, and outreach. Help Refugees & Immigrants, and build your portfolio at the same time!
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Help create and execute a marketing plan to increase the ESLC’s community presence
• Create materials to promote events & needs (such as flyers, videos, invitations, etc.)
• Post regular updates on social media of what is happening at the
• Highlighting exceptional volunteers and students through social media recognition and certificates
• Assist in the creation of quarterly newsletters
• Assist in the process of creating an organizational brand book
• Other duties as assigned
Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued
• Must have a
Federal Work-Study Award
• Must work at least 4 hours a week during the semester
• Must pass a background check
• Attend all Thayne Center orientations and trainings related to this program
• 6-10 hours a week
• Work can be completed remotely or at our office at 4444 South 700 East, Suite 100 in Salt Lake City
• 4-6 month commitment
• Monthly in person meeting with Outreach Coordinator to discuss outreach goals and marketing plans
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Marketing/publicity experience required
• Graphic design experience required (any program)
• Photography & videography skills preferred
• Proficient writing skills
• Pleasant manner & ability to collaborate with others
• Sensitivity to cultural differences
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details
• Diligence, flexibility, and a positive attitude
Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Work Study is awarded to
students through the Federal College Work Study Program, which requires establishing financial need through the
online application from the Financial Aid office. If you do not have work study awarded to you, you will not be eligible to work under work study positions.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. (
) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.